- There is no love lost between Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg.
- Billionaire tech executives have been fighting since at least 2016, when a SpaceX rocket explosion destroyed a Facebook satellite.
- Since then, they have guided heads in areas such as AI and Facebook’s data collection practices.
- Recently, Masker linked Facebook to the violent uprising in Washington, DC, describing it as a „domino effect.“
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
For more than four years, Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg have clashed over topics as diverse as artificial intelligence and missiles.
The two poles – one leading Tesla and SpaceX, the other leading Facebook – have not kept their rivalry a secret. When a SpaceX rocket explosion destroyed a Facebook satellite in 2016, Zuckerberg issued a hot statement saying he was „very disappointed“ about SpaceX’s failure. When Facebook became involved in the Cambridge Analytica scandal, Musk publicly deleted his corporate Facebook pages, tweeting that the company had given him „wills“.
Billionaires are among the richest people on the planet, putting them in the elite circle, even by Silicon Valley standards. Although both are in the field of artificial intelligence, and their company has partnered in the past, it appears that there is no love lost between Musk and Zuckerberg.
Here is where the spat between them began and everything that has happened since then.
„Böser Kaffee-Nerd. Analyst. Unheilbarer Speckpraktiker. Totaler Twitter-Fan. Typischer Essensliebhaber.“